If you're having issues sending SMS messages, then you may need to change one of the settings on your phone.
Please follow the steps below to check that you've got the right text service centre number stored on your device.
If you have an iPhone:
- Fire up the keypad and dial *#5005*7672#
- You should be able to see the current text service centre number.
- The number should be: +447782000800.
- If it needs changing, enter **5005*7672*447782000800* and tap call.
- You should see a message that says Setting succeeded, Service Address, No Address.
- Select Dismiss, then restart your iPhone and repeat step 1 to check that the right number now comes up.
If you have an Android device:
- Start up the SMS app, select Menu and go to Settings.
- Scroll down and choose Message Centre.
- Check the number is correct – it should be +447782000800.
- If it isn’t, edit the number, then restart your phone and check that everything is stored okay.
Still got issues with sending and receiving text messages?
Please get in touch with us via web chat so that we can help.
Web chat is available 8am-8pm, 7 days a week.
If you need help outside of these times, you can still submit your question via web chat and leave your email address or mobile number. We’ll reply as soon as possible.