You can easily change to a bigger plan or a smaller plan.
Log into your dashboard, click the "Change Plan" button, and follow the steps.
All of our plans come with Unlimited UK calls and texts- the only difference is the data allowance.
A few things to keep in mind:
- Your plan change will come into effect on your next renewal and cannot happen sooner.
- No payment will be taken until your next renewal date, but we may need to verify your payment method to ensure your change request goes through.
- We’ll process your request immediately, but it could take up to 15 minutes to appear on your dashboard.
- You can change your request to a different plan until your next renewal, but bear in mind it may take some time for your new request to appear on your dashboard.
- You won’t be able to cancel your request from your dashboard. Contact a member of our customer support team via webchat to cancel your plan change and keep your current plan.
What’ll happen to my data discount or other promotions if I change plans?
If you’re on a data discount plan and want to move to a smaller data discount plan, you can still receive a discount, but only up to the amount allowed on that plan. All of our data discount plans benefit from the same discount which is £1 per 1GB of unused data, however if you were on the 3GB plan and saved £3 of unused data discount, then decided to change to the 1GB plan, you’ll only get £1 off your next month as that’s the maximum for the 1GB plan.
If you’re on a data discount plan and want to upgrade to one of our big data plans (30GB, 50GB or Unlimited data), any unused data discount will not be carried over.
If you have a free month coming up, any unused data discount will not be carried over.
If you have a promotion or offer on your current plan, you will lose this promotion and it will not be carried over.
If you’re currently on a plan that is no longer available, you can stay on this plan for a long as you like, but you will not be able to change back to it once you change to a different plan.
I don’t see the “Change Plan” button on my dashboard
You can’t change plans until you turn on auto-renewing payments from your account settings. If you don’t wish to turn on auto-renewing payments, once your current plan expires, you’ll have the option to renew onto a different plan, if you wish.
What if my plan has expired or been put on pause?
If you didn’t have auto-renewing payments turned on and your plan expired, you’ll still have the option to renew onto a different plan, if you wish.
If your plan has been paused due to a payment failure, you will not be able to request a plan change until you update your payment information and renew your current plan. Once you have done so, you’ll be able to request a plan change, which will come into effect on your next renewal.
Don’t have a SMARTY SIM yet?
Check out our plans on smarty.co.uk and order a SIM online or purchase one from a participating retailer.
Looking for something else?
Check out our guide to SMARTY plans