Due to eligibility checks, we have a different process for existing customers, when it comes to changing their plan to the SMARTY Social Tariff. Please see our step-by-step guideline below.
1. Go to smarty.co.uk/social-tariff and click on 'I'm already with SMARTY'.
2. You will see a chat bot pop-up that will ask for your details (email address and phone number) to help locate your account.
3. Once you have confirmed your details (including full name, date of birth, post code and the last payment to SMARTY), the system will ask the relevant eligibility questions.
4. IF you are eligible, the system will provide all the relevant details related to the process and when the plan will change and ask you to create a ticket (this should only take a few minutes).
5. Click on 'Create Ticket' and another screen will be displayed showing that you will get notified by email (the one provided at the beginning). Now click 'Create ticket' once more.
6. Now the system will display the status of the request and you will receive a confirmation email. If you hit the 'back' arrow, a reference number will also be displayed on screen.
Please note that our support team will be unable to provide any updates to the ticket if you open a chat. We aim to respond within 48 hours and confirm if you request has been successful.